Thursday, February 17, 2011

Conversations in the Car Today

Bryce: Kaelyn, did you know that some planets have more than one moon and Jupiter has over 60 moons?
Kaelyn: uh-huh.
Bryce: No you didn't.
Kaelyn: Well did you know that everything that's white is white?
Bryce: Yeah.
Kaelyn: No you didn't.



Kaelyn: Bryce do all girls have bigger butts than boys?
Bryce: Yeah.
Kaelyn: You know that you're bigger than me right?
Bryce: Yeah, but if you were the same size as me, your butt would be bigger.
Kaelyn: Oh.



Bryce: Mommy, I don't understand why how dinosaurs became extinct is a mystery. I mean, you can find other kinds of molecules on their bones. Like if it was lava, then their should be lava molecules on their bones. So it shouldn't be a mystery.
Me: (cricket, cricket)
Bryce: I guess if it was a giant eclipse than there would be no molecules.
Me: (cricket, cricket)
Bryce: But if there's no molecules then they should rule out everything that has molecules.
Addison: SCREAM
Me: (relieved to be out of the woods with that one) Addison, what's the problem?
Bryce: What do you mean what's the problem? They always have a problem.
Pause
Bryce: So why do you think no one knows how the dinosaurs became extinct?
Me: I don't know Bryce, maybe when you grow up, you can figure it out.
Bryce: That's a good idea, but what if someone figures it out before me?
Me: Well no one has figured it out yet.
Bryce: That's true. And people in the old days weren't very smart.

1 comments:

Renée said...

I so love that kid - he is greatness and SUPER smart!